Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas 2012

Update time,



Well after the 24hrs of Rockyhill, and the long drive home. I took a few well deserved weeks off of training and racing . I figured it was a good way to get my head back into day to day life of work and raising a family.

*Translation*  complete all of your half finished projects you left, from the start of last year's race season. Yeah, I get it. OK , some painting and electrical, and some more painting. I get all these jobs  finished around the last week of November. Happy house, let's get some more saddle time in.

Normally, the snow doesn't hit Calgary before December , and if it does it certainly doesn't stay until well into the Christmas season. If last year is an indication of our winters here , I was  riding all through to the  beginning of January with a decent shell and some light  layers of wind protection.

It's halfway though  January through to March  that are our cold miserable months here

  Not this year...  literally 2 days after I got home the average temps were dipping into the "below zero range" .

 When Zach and I went out on Halloween evening for some trick and treating action. we ended up cutting the fun short because Zach was getting pretty cold, from the -12C temps.

So, it looked like I would be resigned to riding a month or 2 early this season on the trainer.  Happily,that changed with one  great ride with Julie in the snow (with my narrow studded tires mind you) to convince me to try and get a bit more riding outside  this winter.

Enter  the "Bar mitts"and the Ïce Spiker Pros". Shaun rode on tires like these all last winter in Rossland,   And Julie has a set on her bike . They love the tires and they seem to work pretty darn good.
 So I ordered a set and man, do they look like business.  I;m looking forward to getting out and trying these out.


Now onto more important items:

Pal's


A Birthday,


A Christmas concert (or 2)



Trying to sleep Christmas eve....

Christmas trees and presents

Some fun Coffee experimenting.


Merry Christmas and all the best of the New Year to you and your families









No comments:

Post a Comment